DIRECTOR OF CORRECTIONAL HEALTH SERVICES
$14,641 - $18,306 / Monthly
San Mateo County Health seeks a Director of Correctional Health Services to plan, organize, direct and coordinate all clinical and administrative operations and services including contract monitoring for all Correctional Health Services programs within the County. The position reports to the Chief of Health, is a member of the executive team for Health and works in collaboration with leadership of the other client/patient serving divisions of Health. The services are located at two adult and one youth correctional facility and include medical, nursing, pharmaceutical and dental services, mental health and substance use disorder treatment and associated re-entry collaborative work involving multiple public agencies. The role includes oversight of organizational contracts for inpatient and specialty care including onsite specialized acute psychiatry services.
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Proven success leading, inspiring, motivating and empowering a diverse, multi-disciplinary staff and forward-focused teams
- Thorough understanding of providing, monitoring and improving correctional health services including medical, dental, mental health and substance use disorder treatment
- Proven success in managing health services in a correctional environment including supervising and evaluating staff work performance
- Direct experience implementing and overseeing quality and performance improvement methodologies such as Lean
- Demonstrated experience collaborating effectively with staff and partners
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Familiarity with the context influencing correctional services today including criminal justice reforms and emphasis on reducing recidivism and effective treatment for mental health and substance use disorders
Security Clearance: Requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance as a condition of employment.
Licensure/Certification: Requires possession of a California license in at least one of the following: Registered Nurse, Clinical Psychology, Clinical Social Worker or Marriage and Family Therapy.
Education and Experience: Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to qualify is education equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in public administration, public health, mental health, psychology, social work, nursing or a related field followed by graduate education and clinical licensure. Five years of increasingly responsible experience leading to a leadership role in a multi-disciplinary correctional health or health services program, including at least two years of significant administrative experience working in a large, public agency.
Final Filing Date: 8/18/22
Apply online at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sanmateo/jobs/3625377/director-of-correctional-health-services-open-and-promotional or visit the County jobs portal page at https://jobs.smcgov.org.